Friday, September 3, 2010

After our singing circle Jenny shares a song...

Last night we had a blast at Guthrie's. Friends of his and Juliana's came over for a meal and then we all sat in a circle and sang together. It was a wonderful experience. 

We did numerous "rounds" but my favorite was this simple song that went:

"Break 'em all down, break 'em all down, break 'em down these walls between us." 

I wish I would have gotten video of us all together. This girl Jenny is 25. After everyone left she played a few songs for me. I encouraged her and spoke with her about Artists for Abolition and how much others deserve to here her songs. I was impressed by her talent. This young woman writes with a depth and creativity that is rare. And as you can barely tell in the video, she's got an amazing voice.

Posted via email from The Living Parable

No comments: